- R145 - until 13 October
- R160 - 13 October to 20 October
- No entries on the day
- Entries limited to 30,000
- First 1000 entries receive exclusive beauty product
- 2 - 12 years
- R100 - until 13 October
- R110 - 13 October to 20 October
- Children under 2 - free
- No entries on the day
- Dogs join for free
- Dogs must be registered
- No entries on the day
DATE: SUNDAY, 21 OCTOBER 2018
VENUE: MARKS PARK SPORTS CLUB, JUDITH ROAD, EMMARENTIA, JOHANNESBURG
ENTRIES OPEN ONLINE: WEDNESDAY, 20 JUNE 2018
ENTRIES OPEN AT SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE: 26 JULY 2018
ENTRIES ONLINE CLOSE: 13 OCTOBER 2018
ENTRIES CLOSE SPORTMANS WAREHOUSE: 8 OCTOBER 2018
LATE ENTRIES: ENTRIES AT THE VENUE. 16 – 20 OCTOBER 2018. 10:00 TO 19:00.
NO ENTRIES ON EVENT DAY.
WALKER PACK COLLECTION IS BETWEEN TUESDAY, 16 AND SATURDAY, 20 OCTOBER 2018. 10:00 TO 19:00 AT MARKS PARK.
R145.00 per adult
R100.00 per child under 12 years
Children under 2: Free (prams permitted)
Dogs are welcome but must be registered free of charge.
WALKER NUMBER COLLECTION INFORMATION AT MARKS PARK
• Between Tuesday, 16 and Saturday, 20 October 2018: From 10:00 to 19:00
• Walk Pack Contents: goodie bag, race number and t-shirt [if qualified]
Entry forms can be obtained and submitted as follows:
• Sportsmans Warehouse
• Fourways Crossing Retail Centre Fairways
• Blackheath Pavilion, Cresta
• East Rand Value Mall, Boksburg
• Princess Crossing Shopping Centre, Roodepoort
• Park Meadows Shopping Centre, Kensington
• Stoneridge Mall, Modderfontein
• Woodmead Super Value Centre, Waterval Crescent South
• West Rand Retail Crossing, Roodepoort
• The Glen Shopping Centre, Oaken
• Mall of Africa, Waterfall City
No Fax Entries / No Entries on the day
For EFT payments please contact our walk office on firstname.lastname@example.org for information and options.
Wave Start time
Red (First 12,000): 07:30 Marks Park, Johannesburg (or 10 000? As in faqs? Or change faqs?)
Blue (Second 12,000): 08:00 Marks Park, Johannesburg (or 10 000?)
Green (Third 11,000): 08:30 Marks Park, Johannesburg (10 000?)
Red group go straight to the start line. Please follow the signage at the venue which will direct you to your specific colour coded start area corresponding with the colour of your walk number. Adhering to this will help you to have a most enjoyable start.
Discovery Vitality members will earn up to 100 points for participating in the Avon Justine iThemba Walkathon. Points will be automatically awarded within a week after the event is complete.
HOSPITALITY PACKAGES AVAILABLE
Marquee Packages and Picnic Sites available. Click Here for more information.
- All entries will receive a special Goodie Bag. Contents may vary from bag to bag but all will include an Avon and a Justine product and a Caxton magazine.
- The first 25 000 entries will receive a commemorative event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available for purchase to those who did not qualify.
A SUCCESSFUL ENTRY
All entries require an entry form that is fully completed. Your entry will only be deemed complete and successful for processing once we have received the completed entry form AND matching payment, before the closing dates. Please ensure proof of payment is correctly cross-referenced with your TEAM name for team entries or your NAME & SURNAME for individual entries as it appears on your entry form.
If you do not receive confirmation of your entry via email or sms, please contact our event office call centre on 071 274 1613 OR email email@example.com.
• Team entries can be done online but please note that all team members have to complete a separate entry form.
• Team payment must be made by one person for all team members at the same time.
• Please use your TEAM NAME as your reference if paying by EFT or Direct Deposit.
• Your team captain must do the collection for the whole team during Walk Pack Collection (registration).
ON EVENT DAY
• Start your walk with Avon Justine iThemba Ambassador and Avon Spokesperson, Kaya FM DJ’s and presenters.
• Live entertainment, with prize giveaways on stage.
• Children’s play area, toddler’s trot and focussed kids entertainment.
• Kaya FM presenters will broadcast live from the event. You can tune into 95.5 FM for live updates regarding traffic and parking on the day from 06:00.
• Food stalls to buy meals, snacks and drinks; and a variety of vendors selling their goods
• The “Check Yourself” Breast Cancer Awareness dance. Are we doing this?
• Put on your pinkest Avon pout in the crusade against breast cancer at the 2018 Walkathon and let’s break the Avon world record! #PoutForAPurpose.
• There will be refreshment stations along the route but please also bring your own water provisions.
• Invite everyone you know to register to walk for a purpose and come support the walk and iThemba’s message Early Detection Saves Lives.
• Sunblock, hats sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes.
Event Day Rules
NO entries will be accepted on the day of the event.
• All children are to be supervised and wearing identification wrist bands. Wristbands will be provided (on the day) at the kids area from 07:00.
• Wear your walker number visibly on the front of your chest for the duration of the walk.
• T-shirt size changes will not be permitted at registration as they have been ordered to quantity.
• Obey marshals and traffic officials at all times for your safety.
• Prams and wheelchairs are welcome.
• Park in designated parking only, cars parked illegally will be towed away. Updated parking information will be included in your walkers guide, this site and on our Facebook page.
• No skateboards, bicycles, rollerblades or wheelie shoes are allowed.
• No fires, alcohol, firearms, drugs, illegal substances or reckless and violent behavior.
• No gazebos or stand umbrellas allowed