A HUGE ‘THANK YOU’!
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR WONDERFUL WALKERS WHO CAME TO #WALKFORAPURPOSE AT MARKS PARK. IT WAS AN INCREDIBLE DAY WHERE THE POWER OF NEARLY 30,000 SHONE BRIGHTLY IN THE CRUSADE AGAINST BREAST CANCER.
A huge thanks must go to all the sponsors, artists, organisers, volunteers and staff who helped make the day a great success.
Same time next year?
Walker Pack Collection
Pack Collection is now closed.
What do I need to bring?
• You will need your valid tickets with a QR-BARCODE AND CONFIRMATION ID.
• Your ID or a copy of your ID in case it is needed.
If you can’t see it you bar code please choose “display images” or “download images” on the email message. Alternatively make sure that your email client (outlook, gmail etc.) isn’t blocking your pictures.
Please download your PDF walkers guide. It has all the information on the big day, parking, routes, road closures and more.
The 2016 event is closed. See you in 2017!
Walker Pack Collection:
We have reserved a selected amount of entries that will be available at Marks Park from Tuesday 18 October up until Saturday 22 October @R140 per adult and R90 per child under 12.
- Late Entries R140
- Late Entries R90
- All dogs must be registered.
Children under 2: Free (prams permitted) / Dogs are welcome but must be registered free of charge.
• All entries will receive a special Goodie Bag. Contents may vary from bag to bag but all will include an Avon and a Justine product and a Caxton magazine.
• The first 25 000 entries will receive a commemorative event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available for purchase to those who did not qualify.
A Successful Entry
All entries require an entry that is fully completed online or via an entry form at Walker Pack Collection. Your entry will only be deemed complete and successful for processing once we have received the completed entry form AND matching payment, before the closing dates.
If you do not receive confirmation of your entry via email or sms, please contact our event office call centre on 071 274 1613 OR email email@example.com.
• Team entries can be done online but please note that all team members have to complete a separate entry form.
• Team payment must be made by one person for all team members at the same time.
• Your team captain must do the collection for the whole team during Walk Pack Collection (registration).
On Event day
Start your walk with Avon Justine iThemba Ambassador and Avon Spokesperson, Kaya FM and etv Sunrise presenters.
• Live entertainment, with prize giveaways on stage.
• Family fun and children’s play area
• Kaya FM presenters will broadcast live from the event. You can tune into 95.9 FM for live updates regarding traffic and parking on the day from 06:00.
• Food stalls to buy meals, snacks and drinks; and a variety of vendors selling their goods
• Performing on stage will Tribute ‘Birdy’ Mboweni, The Rhythm Sessions and Blaque Soul
• The “Check Yourself” Breast Cancer Awareness dance.
• Put on your pinkest Avon pout in the crusade against breast cancer at the 2016 Walkathon and let’s break the Avon world record! #PoutForAPurpose.
• There will be refreshment stations along the route but please also bring your own water provisions.
• Invite everyone you know to register to walk for a purpose and come support the walk and iThemba’s message Early Detection Saves Lives.
• Sunblock, hats, sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes.
On Event day
• NO entries will be accepted on the day of the event.
• All children are to be supervised and wearing identification wrist bands. Wristbands will be provided (on the day) at the kids area from 07:00.
• Wear your walker number visibly on the front of your chest for the duration of the walk.
• T-shirt size changes will not be permitted at registration as they have been ordered to quantity.
• Obey marshals and traffic officials at all times for your safety.
• Prams and wheelchairs are welcome.
• Park in designated parking only, cars parked illegally will be towed away. Visit www.ithembawalkathon.co.za for updated parking information.
• No skateboards, bicycles, rollerblades or wheelie shoes are allowed.
• No fires, alcohol, firearms, drugs, illegal substances or reckless and violent behaviour.
• No gazebos or stand umbrellas allowed
Discovery Vitality members will earn up to 100 points for participating in the Avon Justine iThemba Walkathon. Point will be automatically awarded within a week after the event is complete
Marquee Packages and Picnic Sites available for your company. Click Here for more information.