THE BIG DAY
Walkers Event Guide
Download your 2017 Walkers Guide packed full of all the information you need for the 2017 Walk. Click Here.
On Event Day
- Start your walk with Avon Justine iThemba Ambassadors and Avon Spokesperson, Kaya FM DJ’s and etv presenters.
- Live entertainment, with prize giveaways on stage.
- Children’s play area, toddler’s trot and focussed kids entertainment.
- Kaya FM presenters will broadcast live from the event. You can tune into Kaya FM 95.9 for live updates regarding traffic and parking on the day from 06:00.
- Food stalls to buy meals, snacks and drinks; and a variety of vendors selling their goods.
- The “Check Yourself” Breast Cancer Awareness dance.
- Put on your pinkest Avon pout in the crusade against breast cancer at the 2017 Walkathon and let’s break the Avon world record! #PoutForAPurpose.
- There will be refreshment stations along the route but please also bring your own water provisions.
- Invite everyone you know to walk for a purpose and support iThemba’s message – Early Detection Saves Lives.
- Sunblock, hats sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes.